Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Consumer Problems

American citizens visiting or residing in Mexico who have not received satisfactory service from local merchants, may contact the Consulate to register their complaint. Please write or fax the American Citizens Services office with the details and copies of documents regarding the matter. The office will review and inform you what actions may be available to you.

The Consulate can also provide an Attorneys List as a reference guide in the case you wish to take legal action in Mexico. The Consulate is not able to provide legal advice.

In addition, American citizens may also wish to contact the Mexican agency below in charge of providing assistance to consumers:

PROFECO In Nogales
Edificio del Estado Planta Baja
Calle Campillo
Nogales, Sonora, Mexico
C.P. 84000